The conversion of a passenger vehicle to a cargo vehicle implies purchasing a vehicle where VAT is 100% deductible, and so are the fuel and maintenance costs.
The conversion of passenger vehicles to cargo vehicles requires dismantling part of the factory equipment, mounting a partition behind the first or second row of seats (depending on the vehicle, it may be installed behind the second row of seats as well), installing new flooring and cargo compartment floor, and obtaining a CERTIFICATE from the Vehicle Center of Croatia.
- When converting a passenger vehicle, the rear seat, its anchors, rear seat belts with their mounts and the additional luggage compartment rack with its mat need to be removed from the vehicle.
- The buyer of the vehicle is provided with such removed equipment and may reinstall it in the vehicle and thus convert an N1 cargo vehicle to an M1 passenger vehicle.
- The partition is made of steel tubes filled with woven wire or, if necessary, corrugated aluminum sheet in the lower part, as well as anchors to secure the partition to the body of the vehicle.
Floor and floor structure
- The floor structure is made of steel profiles, aluminum profiles or wooden profiles (bars);
- The floor is made of 9 to 12 mm thick plywood shaped to cover the entire surface of the cargo compartment; floor surface may be lifted in the spare wheel area;
- Anchors are installed in part of the floor structure to secure the cargo
- The bed floor is lined with carpet or rubber flooring (color and design to match the interior of the vehicle or as per customer’s request).
Technical documentation and issuance of Certificates
- Relevant technical documentation and a request to the Vehicle Center of Croatia;
- Certificate issued by the Vehicle Center of Croatia;
- The vehicle may be registered and its classification may be changed from M1 to N1 or vice versa at any Technical Inspection Station subject to presentation of a Certificate issued by the Vehicle Center of Croatia.
Conversion of an N1 cargo vehicle to an M1 passenger vehicle
- Dismantling the partition and partition anchors;
- Installing a 3-seater mount (3-seater mount obtained from the vehicle owner);
- Installing the rear seats (obtained from the vehicle owner);
- Installing the seat belts (obtained from the vehicle owner);
- Dismantling the cargo compartment flooring and carpeting;
- Installing the original carpeting and flooring (obtained from the vehicle owner);
- Dismantling the anchors securing the cargo;
- Repairing and sealing the holes in the vehicle floor;
- Technical documentation and issuance of a Certificate by the Vehicle Center of Croatia for the Conversion of an N1 cargo vehicle to an M1 passenger vehicle.